Sunday, June 3, 2012

Roses of love...

I have many different roses in my garden and yard.  I am not one of those who keeps them cut back to perfect little bushes, instead I let them take over fences and grow free.   In return they give an awesome show of thousands of roses this time of year! 

Many of them were planted 8 years ago.  In the spring of 2004, our family lost 16 people for various reasons- family, friends, young, old, cancer, heart attack, car accident, alcoholism...  Going to funerals and memorials became a little too much for us after the first several.  I also gave birth to my third son that spring and was unable to travel to some services.  So I started planting roses in memory of those we lost instead.

Each spring they put on quite a show.  And each spring I take time to enjoy their beauty and remember why they are there.  I think about another year gone by and feel thankful that my family is still here, thriving.  I think about what each of those people meant to me and how they impacted my life.  I would not be the same person without knowing each of them.  Eight years later, it is still a grieving process.  And life goes on with roses of love.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment