Thursday, August 9, 2012

Great Collection of Slow Cooker Recipes

http://www.momswhothink.com/crock-pot-recipes/

The link above has a great collection of slow cooker recipes.  With Football season beginning for my boys, and soon school, it is time to start planning our dinners a bit ahead.  The slow cooker is great for this.  I can get dinner started sometime before noon and then go about our busy afternoon/evening schedule, come home and serve dinner within 20 minutes!  It just makes life a lot easier.

My main slow cooker meals include beef stew or pot roast, chicken cacciatore, tomato herb chicken, and mostly a pork or beef roast that I toss salt, pepper, and cumin on and let cook until I can pull it apart.  From this I make shredded beef tacos or carnitas tacos with quacamole, cilantro, onins, salsa, and beans.  Or I make bbq beef sandwiches or pulled pork sandwiches on a roll with bbq sauce and coleslaw.  It is all really easy, healthy, and, best of all, my whole family will happily eat it!  I will add some pictures next time I make it and my really good bbq sauce recipe.  Time to get the slowcooker started for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment